Saturday, July 11, 2009

Green-Collar locavore on staycation with flash mob , sock puppet frenemies

Don't know who Noah Webster is ? Don't worry , I only know the dictionary , not the pioneer until now . He made his presence noticed from 1758 until now. This guy even have a statue erected on his behalf in Connecticut and all because he "owns" one of the most valuable tools of education in the English world = the dictionary . One of his dictionary is Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary which have just launched at least 100 new words . You will be amaze on some of the words below which I find it very interesting and creative .

Locavore - one who eats foods grown locally .( this reminded me of my appa's wish of having our own agricultural project and once this materialized , please feel free to call me as locavore . )

Frenemy - someone who acts like a friend but is really an enemy ( sound familiar ? *smirk* )

Flash mob -a group of people summoned electronically to a designated spot at a specified time to perform an indicated action before dispersing ( I've no idea what this is , but ' summoned electronically ' sure sounded like a matrix movie , bullet stopping action .

Green-collar involving actions for protecting the natural environment
( Remember the cartoon Captain Planet? ,Yes , the one that carry the tag line "Captain Planet , he's our hero , gonna take pollution down to zero" - green-collar are all his descendant .)

Sock puppet -a false online identity used for deceptive purposes
( Mr Hacker generation must feel so proud to be included in Webster )

Staycation -staying home for vacation and has gained popularity as the economy worse(This is my favourite , as I have also been on staycation and people think I'm away on some 'holiday' at Timbuktu )

I'm planning to have a staycation as I find there's a lot of frenemies at work .With my staycation , Im able to be a locavore for at least a day and help the green-collar folks to protect the environment .Unfortunately I would still have to work from home and I'm worried with me connecting to the net, there might be sock puppet accessing my pc. The Flash mob just summoned me.


Do I get an A for the paragraph above? .....