Thursday, July 23, 2009

Big Black Cristal Ball





When the recent Solar Eclipse happened , most part of the Asia started praying and having lots of religious rituals as it seems that this total solar eclipse is a sign of doom for the world.(gasp!)

Hindu myth believe that eclipse happen when two Demons ; Rahu and Ketu are believed to "swallow" the sun ( oh my god! ) , snuffing out light giving life which will then caused food to be inedible and water undrinkable . To avoid all the mishaps that might happen due to this , prayers , fasting and ritual bathing at holy rivers are very much encouraged .

Honestly , whenever I read anything that is "predicted" to happen due to any spectacular paranormal phenomenon , half of me seems to believe and silently pray that all my family will not be ill effected by the unknown . However , another part of me is still searching for a scientific answer . What about you ?