Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Habit


There's a lot of things that I could share - but today I choose to share this . I share with you my writing and reading habits. A habit that I love to do since I was young . A way of expressing myself . A detoxifying habit that cleanses my mind which work for me tremendously well .I can't deny the genetic inside me when it comes to writing . What I read today , prompt me to write and share with those who love to read. It is true , habit makes you and you make the habit , its a constant circle that never stops unless , we stop it with a gigantic mountain full of will power . Trust me , to start a thing which turns into a habit will just take you a few seconds . To stop for example a bad habit , will take you through the journey of constant procrastination which is an inner trait of human being . I share with you this beautiful poem . Read between the lines and you may just find an answer to start a good habit or to stop a bad habit . Have a happy habit :) .


Habit
I am your constant companion,
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half the things you do might just as well turn over to me
and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed -you must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done
and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great people;
and alas, of all failures as well.
Those who are great,
I have made great.
Those who are failures,
I have made failures.
I am not a machine,
though I work with all the precision of a machine
plus the intelligence of a human.
You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin
-it makes no difference to me.
Take me,
train me,
be firm with me,
And I will place the world at your feet.
Be easy with me,
and I will destroy you.
WHO AM I?
I AM HABIT.
-Author Unknown-